FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WE ONLY RECOMMEND 100% GENUINE COLORBOND®.
THERE IS ONLY ONE COLORBOND® MADE ONLY BY BLUESCOPE® STEEL.
Alpha Industries does not substitute similar or inferior products in place of registered COLORBOND®. What’s the difference between COLORBOND® and Imported Pre-Painted Sheets? See our time referenced photos to the right for a comparison.
DID YOU SAVE ABOUT $50 ON YOUR FENCE?
Was it worth it?
Did you notice the faded sheet has COLORBOND® Fence Capping fitted to it and the capping does not show the same resulting effect of fading.
How do you know if it’s Genuine COLORBOND® from BlueScope Steel?
- Only Trademark™ names are used in Quotations – NO name Substitutions!
- Only Trademark™ names are used on Orders/Invoices/Contracts – NO name Substitutions!
- The COLORBOND® Laser Brand Mark is visible on all sheets.
- A COLORBOND® Warranty Certificate is available once you have made your purchase.
MAKE SURE YOU ONLY BOND WITH COLORBOND®
This photo taken in 2014 shows 7 year old COLORBOND® Fencing in SA.
This photo taken in 2014 shows 4 year old Imported Pre-Painted Fencing in S.A. If your fence looks like this, it is definitely NOT COLORBOND®.
FIVE WAYS TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
1. Start sooner rather than later. Ask our friendly Alpha Industries staff to help you get started.
2. Carry out background research. Ask your local Council to give you guidelines, view your plans or discuss your requirements. Collect some photos of what you want the finished product to look like. You can contact the knowledgeable Alpha Industries staff to work out a budget for your proposed new structure. This is the first step towards your new Outdoor Building Solution.
3. Have a check list of all of your requirements with you when asking for quotes. There is no value in getting one quote larger than another from 2 different suppliers. Obtain written quotes outlining materials to be used, sizes, heights and clearances of the proposed structure. Ask about our delivery or installation waiting times, and how closely they are adhered to. At Alpha Industries we are very clear with our quotes, the time frames involved and waiting periods required.
4. Ask for advice from knowledgeable people i.e. “What should I be ready to do?” or “How can I save time and money?” These are some of the most common questions that we are asked at Alpha Industries.
5. Have a contingency plan and a check list. For example:
- First step : Engage your supplier – Let Alpha Industries be your supplier of choice.
- Second step : Apply for Council Approval. Alpha Industries can do this for you if required.
- Third step : Begin site work. Site must be cleared and level (no slopes) prior to commencing the installation.
- Fourth step : Completion of your Outdoor Building Solution
- Fifth step : Completion of secondary trades.
- Final step : Enjoying your new Outdoor Building Solution.Planning and preparation, prior to production aims to avoid problems and make for less stress and easier building process. It’s good to be realistic and allow some time for delays. Machinery does break down and jobs can run behind schedule or the weather can hold everything up. TV building shows are slightly unrealistic as we don’t know the size of the budgets involved and we can’t see the extra people working behind the scenes to make a project possible. At Alpha Industries we aim to guide people to the best solution for their building project. When all these elements come together, you will have a new Alpha Industries Outdoor Building solution that you can enjoy for many years to come. The added bonuses are that you add value to your home and quality to your lifestyle.
COUNCIL APPROVAL PROCESS
1. Obtain a Certificate of Title (C.T). This is required for your application. The C.T. will only be valid for 3 months from the date issued
2. Draw up site plan. Draw in your new proposed structure and the distances to all existing dwellings and boundaries. Guides can be found online.
3. You will also need elevation drawings including a floor plan. If you require more details, Council websites have more information on what is required.
4. Fill in the Council Development Application found on the PlanSA website.
5. Lodge Development Application (D.A.) and pay the appropriate fees to council.
6. Advise Alpha Industries of Application ID reference number and Access code. (Third tab ‘Sharing Access’)
7. Once you receive council approval, advise Alpha Industries and send us written permission to produce.
We hope our information has been useful. If you have any other inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are looking forward to working with you to make your new Alpha Industries Outdoor Building Solution a reality.